Strategic Transportation and Logistics Location
- Region is located between the major metro areas of St. Louis, Memphis, and Nashville.
- Ideal location for access to major interstate highways (including I-57, I-24, and I-64) and railroads (including the Norfolk Southern, Canadian National, and Union Pacific).
- Located on major shipping waterways (Mississippi and Ohio rivers) with the city of Cairo at confluence of rivers.
Accessible to airports including:
- Veterans Airport in Marion (limited passenger service to St. Louis and Nashville).
- Southern Illinois Airport in Murphysboro (20 miles from Marion).
- MidAmerica Airport in Belleville (70 miles from Marion).
- St. Louis Lambert International (Airport 100 miles from Marion).
- Nashville International Airport (160 miles from Marion).
- Memphis International Airport (180 miles from Marion).